Funnily I cannot have yellow corn but am fine with blue corn - and managed to get some blue corn flour in Germany! This was my first approach to making corn muffins, and they turned out wonderfully moist. I suppose they can be made with yellow or white corn flour as well. For the milk I used rice milk, use any kind you like. If you want a sweet muffin, add two to four additional tablespoons honey.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease 12 muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- In another bowl stir together milk, oil and honey until well blended, then add egg and egg yolk, beat (not with electric beater but with wire whisk!) until slightly foamy. If using additional sugar, beat in the sugar until liquid is smooth.
- Pour liquid into dry mix, blend until everything is just blended - don't overmix!
- Divide batter into muffin tins and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool in muffin tins, don't remove muffins before cooled to handwarm or they might break.