1/1 Photo of Gluten Free Blue Corn Muffins
Mia in Germany's Note:
Funnily I cannot have yellow corn but am fine with blue corn - and managed to get some blue corn flour in Germany! This was my first approach to making corn muffins, and they turned out wonderfully moist. I suppose they can be made with yellow or white corn flour as well. For the milk I used rice milk, use any kind you like. If you want a sweet muffin, add two to four additional tablespoons honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease 12 muffin tins.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- 3In another bowl stir together milk, oil and honey until well blended, then add egg and egg yolk, beat (not with electric beater but with wire whisk!) until slightly foamy. If using additional sugar, beat in the sugar until liquid is smooth.
- 4Pour liquid into dry mix, blend until everything is just blended - don't overmix!
- 5Divide batter into muffin tins and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- 6Let cool in muffin tins, don't remove muffins before cooled to handwarm or they might break.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Blue Corn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.1
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 32.1 mg
- Sodium 231.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: