Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
As with my pecan pie and lemon pie; this pie is crustless. Those of you who have a penchant for pumpkinpumpkin pies with decadent crusts - my profound apologies. You could try pouring this blend into a prepared crust in order to satisfy your culinary sensibilities. Beyond that - my suggestion would be to look elsewhere at some of the other fantastic pumpkin piepumpkin pie recipes out there. But those of you who want to whip up a pumpkin pie that is ridiculously quick and easy, with a gorgeous creamy texture, and then move onto other things - give this a turn in your blender. I served this up to some of my most discerning pigs a few weeks ago, and everyone commented on how fantastic the texture was; as well as the delicious flavour.
- 177.44 ml plain unsweetened organic canned pumpkin
- 236.59 ml plain organic hemp milk or 236.59 ml organic soy milk
- 9.85 ml alcohol-free pure vanilla extract
- 28.39 ml cold pressed grapeseed oil
- 2 organic eggs
- 118.29 ml agave nectar
- 59.14 ml buckwheat flour
- 59.14 ml brown rice flour
- 1.23 ml celtic sea salt
- 4.92 ml pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat and oven to 180 C / 350°F.
- Throw everything in the blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch pie dish and bake for about an hour and a half or until set.
- Leave the pie to cool completely and it will solidify.
- Serve with vegan cream or vegan ice cream. YUM!
The texture is perfect! The ingredients are perfect for my strict diet (no sugar, gluten, soy dairy or corn). Thanks for posting. I can't wait to try your pecan pie recipe!