Recipe by The Blender Girl
As with my pecan pie and lemon pie; this pie is crustless. Those of you who have a penchant for pumpkinpumpkin pies with decadent crusts - my profound apologies. You could try pouring this blend into a prepared crust in order to satisfy your culinary sensibilities. Beyond that - my suggestion would be to look elsewhere at some of the other fantastic pumpkin piepumpkin pie recipes out there. But those of you who want to whip up a pumpkin pie that is ridiculously quick and easy, with a gorgeous creamy texture, and then move onto other things - give this a turn in your blender. I served this up to some of my most discerning pigs a few weeks ago, and everyone commented on how fantastic the texture was; as well as the delicious flavour.
Top Review by charree329
I didn't have grapeseed oil, so I used olive oil instead and I traded out the Agave Nectar (do not like how it's processed) for Organic NON GMO Maple syrup. I've also used NON GMO Sorgum molasses, and it gave it an old fashion rich taste, too. It turned out great and will be making it again! I cook down my own orgaic NON GMO pumpkins each year and can what I do not use, for later usage. It not only is good to have on hand, but is very useful to pass down in the family, so that they are mindful of how to can what is needed throughout the year. We never know what tomorrow will bring, these days.
- 3⁄4 cup plain unsweetened organic canned pumpkin
- 1 cup plain organic hemp milk or 1 cup organic soy milk
- 2 teaspoons alcohol-free pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 cup cold pressed grapeseed oil
- 2 organic eggs
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat and oven to 180 C / 350°F.
- Throw everything in the blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch pie dish and bake for about an hour and a half or until set.
- Leave the pie to cool completely and it will solidify.
- Serve with vegan cream or vegan ice cream. YUM!