Cook1 hr 30 mins
As with my pecan pie and lemon pie; this pie is crustless. Those of you who have a penchant for pumpkinpumpkin pies with decadent crusts - my profound apologies. You could try pouring this blend into a prepared crust in order to satisfy your culinary sensibilities. Beyond that - my suggestion would be to look elsewhere at some of the other fantastic pumpkin piepumpkin pie recipes out there. But those of you who want to whip up a pumpkin pie that is ridiculously quick and easy, with a gorgeous creamy texture, and then move onto other things - give this a turn in your blender. I served this up to some of my most discerning pigs a few weeks ago, and everyone commented on how fantastic the texture was; as well as the delicious flavour.
- 3⁄4 cup plain unsweetened organic canned pumpkin
- 1 cup plain organic hemp milk or 1 cup organic soy milk
- 2 teaspoons alcohol-free pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 cup cold pressed grapeseed oil
- 2 organic eggs
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat and oven to 180 C / 350°F.
- Throw everything in the blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch pie dish and bake for about an hour and a half or until set.
- Leave the pie to cool completely and it will solidify.
- Serve with vegan cream or vegan ice cream. YUM!