1/2 Photos of Gluten Free Blender Pecan Pie
1 hr 5 mins
The Blender Girl's Note:
This dish is literally child’s play – homage to the basics: simple, fun, healthy and happy. It really is the embodiment of blend and live. Just throw everything in your blender and puree until smooth. It takes less than 5 minutes. How easy is that? More importantly, it is absolutely delicious; and dare I say it, downright impressive. This pie has been a staple treat in my family for about 30 years. Mom found this recipe in an old Southern cookbook at a second hand book store on a trip to New Orleans back in the 80’s and we have been chowing down with joy ever since! The cookbook is long gone, but the memories still remain. Over the years mom and I have experimented and adapted this recipe using natural sweeteners, dairy-free milks and gluten-free flours. For those of you not on a restricted diet, feel free to use regular cow’s milk, wheat flour and sugar. However, I can honestly say that it tastes better this way, and we all know it is more healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml raw pecans
- 177.44 ml white rice flour
- 4 organic eggs
- 473.18 ml hemp milk or 473.18 ml soymilk
- 118.29 ml organic melted butter, vegan margarine (1 stick) or 118.29 ml grapeseed oil
- 177.44 ml maple syrup (or 1 cup if using grapeseed oil)
- 4.92 ml natural vanilla extract (or 2 teaspoons if using grapeseed oil)
- 1Throw all your ingredients in the blender and puree until smooth.
- 2You might have to stop and scrape the sides of your blender to make sure your batter is mixed through. If your blender will not hold the entire mixture, just puree in batches and then stir. It doesn’t matter what kind of blender you use. This recipe is fool proof. You can’t fail.
- 3Pour into a well greased 9 inch/23cm pie dish and bake at 150 C / 300 F for about an hour or until set.
- 4It can take up to an hour and a half to set.
- 5The pie makes its own subtle crust.
- 6I am a firm believer that people take the first bite with their eyes.
- 7Jazz up this simple pie with a drizzle of maple syrup, a dollop of vegan cream or ice-cream and top with some crushed pecans or shaved dark chocolate.
- 8You can also make little individual pies and mound cream, syrup and nuts on top.
- 9The different colors, textures, and flavors gives this pie a little extra kick.
- 10Whether making this for a guilt free family sweet treat, whipping it up for that surprise dinner guest that someone brings home, or preparing it for that special dinner party – this recipe is a winner. Your snout will returning to this pecan filled trough again and again and again, and you too, will not be leaving any leftovers!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Blender Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.5
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 164.6 mg
- Sodium 187.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 24.7 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: