1/1 Photo of Gluten-Free Bittersweet Decadence Cookies
Just what the name says! You can use different kinds of chocolate to suit your taste. This recipe uses rice flour, but you could switch it out for the flour that you prefer. Enjoy! Adapted from LemonPi and based on Alice Medrich’s recipe from Bittersweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup rice flour (glutinous or white-or flour of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (feel free to use semi sweet or milk chocolate or dark)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips (feel free to try semi sweet or milk chocolate or dark)
- 2 sheets parchment paper
- 1Preheat your oven to 350*F.
- 2In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside. Place 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate chips and butter in a medium microwavable bowl and heat for 1 minute. Stir the chocolate butter mixture and microwave again for 30 seconds. Continue to microwave and stir until the chips have melted and the mixture is smooth, set aside.
- 3In a heatproof bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, and vanilla thoroughly and set the bowl over a pot of just barely simmering water using it as a double broiler. Continue to whisk everything until the mixture is lukewarm.
- 4Combine the egg and chocolate mixture (should be lukewarm) stirring until they are well combined.
- 5Add the flour mixture, 6 ounces chocolate chips, and pecans. The batter will look like thick cake batter. Don't worry, after they bake they will look like and taste like cookies!
- 6Scoop the dough (it will look wet and sloppy) into rounded tablespoons on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, 2 inches apart.
- 7Bake 14 minutes until the surface of the cookies looks dry and set. With the cookies still on the parchment paper, slide them onto racks to cool. Gently peel the parchment paper back after cookies have cooled for at least 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Bittersweet Decadence Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (786 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3644.6
- Calories from Fat 2872
- Total Fat 319.1 g
- Saturated Fat 153.0 g
- Cholesterol 433.0 mg
- Sodium 623.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 267.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 77.3 g
- Sugars 109.2 g
- Protein 76.3 g