Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I wanted something muffin like and came up with this recipe. The texture is definitely biscuit, not muffin.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1⁄4 cup coconut meal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup cranberries (optional)
- Mix the dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Add the wet to the dry and mix well with an electric mixer (you can do it by hand, but I find coconut meal turns out better if you use a mixer).
- Grease muffin tins (non metal work best). Fill muffin tins almost full (I haven't tried them dropped on a cookie sheet yet, but it would probably work). I added a cup of frozen cranberries and filled the tins very full and got 10 large biscuits from this mix.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.