1 hr 20 mins
Posted by request from the Gluten-free Forum. This recipe was sent in by a reader to the Australian Coeliac Society magazine June 2009 issue.Measurements are metric but cup measurements also given. stated that this is adequate batter for 500 grams of fish ( just over 1 pound) . I haven't tried this recipe yet. Batter requires one hour resting time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift all dry ingredients in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- 2In a seperate bowl, mix the eggwhite and the beer together.
- 3Add the liquid mix into the flour and mix until smooth. You may need to add in a little more beer if the mixture is too thick. Allow this batter mixture to sit for one hour.
- 4Coat your fish or seafood in the batter and fry in hot oil until cooked through. Drain and serve.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Beer Batter for Fish and Seafood
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: