Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice alternative of meat burgers. A must try for bean lovers.
- 1 cup small red beans
- 1⁄4 cup yellow squash or 1⁄4 cup zucchini, diced
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch or 2 teaspoons other gluten-free flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Sauté onion in 1-2 tbsp oil until slightly soft.
- Add carrots and squash. Cook until soft and set aside.
- Drain can of beans and mash with fork.
- Add cooled veggies.
- Divide mixture into four.
- Place pinch of flour or tapioca starch, and form mixture into patties.
- Put about 1 Tablespoon of oil in pan on medium high heat and cook patties about 5 minutes on each side, or until slightly crispy on the outside.
- Serve with gravy of choice or on bun.