Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a variation of the Banana Bread recipe on the back of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour packaging.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups Bob's Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9x5 inch non-stick loaf pan, or three 5x3-inch loaf pans, (or smaller casserole dish with high-ish sides).
- Cream together oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer.
- Add flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and cinnamon to egg mixture, alternating with bananas.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in nuts and blueberries.
- Transfer into pan(s).
- Bake 9x5-inch loaf for 1 hour, 5x3 inch loaves for 45 minutes, or casserole dish for ~43 minutes. (Done when knife stuck into center comes up clean but still a little damp).
- Let cool somewhat, and serve.