1 hr 5 mins
gemini jodi's Note:
My son has celiac disease. I have slowly experimented with his favorite recipes to create gluten-free versions that are also yummy enough for the non-celiacs to enjoy. This banana bread is extremely close to the original. Everyone gobbles it up, despite the pecans, which I add for a little extra nutrition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 -4 bananas, brown and mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (I use Pamela's baking and pancake mix)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray or prep 1-2 loaf pans. (My family prefers thin bread, so I make this into 2 loaves).
- 3In small bowl, combine oats & applesauce, set aside.
- 4In large bowl, mix butter & sugar together. Add eggs, bananas, vanilla, cinnamon & nutmeg.
- 5In small bowl, mix dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, xanthan gum).
- 6Add oats & applesauce to wet ingredients, combine well.
- 7Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stir just until combined.
- 8Fold in pecans, if using.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
- 10Bake 35-45 minutes (less for 2 small loaves, more for one large loaf).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Banana Oat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.4
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 134.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: