Recipe by Elana's Pantry
Gluten Free Banana Bread. Gluten Free Banana Cake. What's the difference? Here's what I came up with. Bake it in a loaf pan and it's a delicious, healthy gluten free banana bread; bake it in a cake pan and it's a delicious, healthy gluten free banana cake. Either way, enjoy! http://www.elanaspantry.com/lees-banana-birthday-cake/
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
This bread is awesome! Only change I made was using honey and coconut oil. So easy and comes out moist and light tasting. Everyone loved it. Thanks for posting (got it off your website first). UPDATE: This made it into my Top Fav's of 2009 cookbook. Original Review 9-15-09.
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup grapeseed oil
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, mashed (about one cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- 2. In a smaller bowl, combine agave, grapeseed oil, eggs and vanilla, then stir in bananas.
- 3. Mix wet ingredients into dry.
- 4. Place batter in either a cake pan or two small (7x4 inch) loaf pans.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- 6. Remove from oven and allow to cool.