Gluten Free Banana Bread. Gluten Free Banana Cake. What's the difference? Here's what I came up with. Bake it in a loaf pan and it's a delicious, healthy gluten free banana bread; bake it in a cake pan and it's a delicious, healthy gluten free banana cake. Either way, enjoy! http://www.elanaspantry.com/lees-banana-birthday-cake/
- 1. In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- 2. In a smaller bowl, combine agave, grapeseed oil, eggs and vanilla, then stir in bananas.
- 3. Mix wet ingredients into dry.
- 4. Place batter in either a cake pan or two small (7x4 inch) loaf pans.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- 6. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
This bread is awesome! Only change I made was using honey and coconut oil. So easy and comes out moist and light tasting. Everyone loved it. Thanks for posting (got it off your website first). UPDATE: This made it into my Top Fav's of 2009 cookbook. Original Review 9-15-09.
Really good! I used the cake pan rather than 2 loaves. I did change a couple things to cut back on some fat and carbs. I used a flax sub for one egg, and splenda rather than agave. Also for my own tastes I added spices to the dry mixture: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cardamom. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.