1/3 Photos of Gluten-Free Banana Bread
This is so quick and easy to make, I usually make several loaves and freeze two. This is from Roben Ryberg's "The Gluten-Free Kitchen", the book that saved my sanity when first learning to bake gluten-free! : )
My Private Note
large l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small ripe bananas (up to 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring (extract or essence)
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon guar gum (or 3/4 tsp xanthan gum)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (optional, but adds great flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, mash bananas well.
- 3Add egg, light brown sugar, oil, milk and vanilla flavoring.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Add potato starch, cornstarch, baking powder, guar gum or xanthan gum, baking soda, salt, and coriander; mix well.
- 6Batter will be thin.
- 7Pour into greased 9 x 4 loaf pan.
- 8Bake approximately 40 minutes, until toothpick inserted in middle tests clean.
- 9Allow to cool briefly before removing from pan.
- 10Refrigerate or freeze extra servings.
- 11Keep covered to prevent drying out.
- 12(When I freeze this, I do it in individual slices. Wrap each slice in saran wrap after the bread has cooled completely. Then place in a freezer bag. I use a straw to get all the air out of the baggie. Label and freeze.).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (707 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1778.3
- Calories from Fat 585
- Total Fat 65.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 203.0 mg
- Sodium 2562.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 290.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 134.4 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: