1/3 Photos of Gluten-Free Banana Bread
This is so quick and easy to make, I usually make several loaves and freeze two. This is from Roben Ryberg's "The Gluten-Free Kitchen", the book that saved my sanity when first learning to bake gluten-free! : )
My Private Note
large l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small ripe bananas (up to 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring (extract or essence)
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon guar gum (or 3/4 tsp xanthan gum)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (optional, but adds great flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, mash bananas well.
- 3Add egg, light brown sugar, oil, milk and vanilla flavoring.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Add potato starch, cornstarch, baking powder, guar gum or xanthan gum, baking soda, salt, and coriander; mix well.
- 6Batter will be thin.
- 7Pour into greased 9 x 4 loaf pan.
- 8Bake approximately 40 minutes, until toothpick inserted in middle tests clean.
- 9Allow to cool briefly before removing from pan.
- 10Refrigerate or freeze extra servings.
- 11Keep covered to prevent drying out.
- 12(When I freeze this, I do it in individual slices. Wrap each slice in saran wrap after the bread has cooled completely. Then place in a freezer bag. I use a straw to get all the air out of the baggie. Label and freeze.).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (707 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1778.3
- Calories from Fat 585
- Total Fat 65.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 203.0 mg
- Sodium 2562.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 290.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 134.4 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: