Top Review by riotgrrrl
excellent! definitely edible, which is high praise considering most of the cardboard-like gluten free things i've tried :) i used 4 bananas, bob's red mill gluten free flour mix, and 1.5 tsp. of xanthan gum.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 bananas, very ripe
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla and bananas, beat until fairly smooth.
- In another bowl mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined (I had to switch from an electric mixer to a spoon near the end of the mixing as the batter got too stiff for my poor little mixer).
- Stir in the nuts, if desired.
- Put the batter in a greased 5x9 loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 325 degrees for one hour and 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.