I love these bars! They are great for a quick breakfast,a yummy snack, or just something extra special to slip in your child's lunch box. Plus they freeze great! I hope you enjoy and find these as handy as I do!Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup potato starch, plus
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 bananas)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk or 2 teaspoons juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch square pan with shortening or spray with vegetable oil spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat together the mashed banana and both sugars until blended.
- Add the buttermilk, egg, oil, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until just blended (do not beat!)Fold in the nuts.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and keep the cake in the pan.
- Stir together the icing sugar and liquid until just thick enough to drizzle well.
- Drizzle in a zigzag pattern over the cooling cake.
- When cold, cut the cake into 12 bars.