1/3 Photos of Gluten Free Banana Bars
I love these bars! They are great for a quick breakfast,a yummy snack, or just something extra special to slip in your child's lunch box. Plus they freeze great! I hope you enjoy and find these as handy as I do!Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch, plus
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 bananas)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 9 inch square pan with shortening or spray with vegetable oil spray.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- 4In the bowl of your mixer, beat together the mashed banana and both sugars until blended.
- 5Add the buttermilk, egg, oil, and vanilla. Beat well.
- 6Stir in the dry ingredients until just blended (do not beat!)Fold in the nuts.
- 7Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- 8Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and keep the cake in the pan.
- 9Stir together the icing sugar and liquid until just thick enough to drizzle well.
- 10Drizzle in a zigzag pattern over the cooling cake.
- 11When cold, cut the cake into 12 bars.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Banana Bars
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.5
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.8 mg
- Sodium 127.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: