Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have yet to try this recipe - saving here for future use.
- 158.51 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 118.29 ml organic brown rice flour
- 59.14 ml ground flax seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4.92 ml non-aluminum baking powder (Argo, Rumford, Watkins and Red Mill all make aluminum-free)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 59.14 ml organic raisins
- 29.58 ml honey
- 14.79 ml organic sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- Mix everything in a large bowl until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a large muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin, filling each hole about 1/3 full.
- Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These muffins turned out very well! I substituted brown rice syrup for the honey and increased the raisins to 1/2 cup. We are at 5300 ft elevation and they did not fall while baking even though I didn't add any extra flour. :)