Recipe by katii
Sweet and moist, these fruity squares are made all the better when topped with your favourite caramel icing.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup potato starch (NOT potato flour)
- 1⁄4 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, eggs, sugar, baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon, and flour in a large bowl.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Add apple and stir to mix.
- Scrape into a greased 9"x9" pan and bake in a preheated 350* oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes before sifting icing sugar overtop (or ice with caramel icing).