Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
You wouldn't notice it's gluten free! Delicious!
Make and share this Gluten Free Apple Sponge recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large apples
- 50 g caster sugar
- 30 g mixed peel (sultanas, raisins etc)
- 60 ml water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
For sponge topping
- 2 eggs
- 70 g caster sugar
- 80 g cornflour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Peel, core, quarter and slice apples. Place in saucepan with sugar, water, spices and mixed peel. Cook uncovered for about 10 minutes or until apples are tender.
- To make sponge topping: beat eggs in small bowl with electric mixer until thick and creamy. Gradually add sugar and beat until it is dissolved. Fold in sifted flour.
- Spoon hot apple mixture into a deep round ovenproof dish and spread sponge topping over. Ensure that the apple mixture is as hot as possible before spreading the topping.
- Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes.