Adaptation from other recipes I've tried. These are lightly sweet, moist, and wholesome.
Make and share this Gluten-Free Apple Nut Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (can substitute with dairy or soy)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup whole grain oat flour
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds (ground)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 3⁄4 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 granny smith apple
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix applesauce, eggs, milk,vanilla,vinegar, and honey in a small bowl.
- Mix oats, flour, flax seeds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nuts, and spices in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients into the dry and combine well.
- Chop the apple into small pieces and fold into mixture.
- Lightly grease a 12 muffin tin and fill cups, not mixing mixture between spooning. If there is excess batter, leave for another small batch. Do not over-stuff cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until done (if you place a toothpick down the center of a muffin, it should come out clean).
- Allow to cool before removing from tin.