Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious and healthy apple muffin that freezes well.
- 236.59 ml brown rice flour
- 118.29 ml arrowroot (or other starch)
- 118.29 ml almonds or 118.29 ml pecans, ground
- 118.29 ml flax seed, ground
- 118.29 ml gluten-free oats, ground
- 4.92 ml guar gum
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml baking powder or 3.69 ml cream of tartar
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml coconut oil or 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml almond milk
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 709.77 ml apples, shredded and squeezed
- 28.34 g chia seeds, ground (two tablespoons)
- 118.29 ml water
- In a small bowl mix ground chia with 1/2 cup water till they gel then set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, soften coconut oil in microwave for a minute on high then beat in sugars, eggs, almond milk, chia gel and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients and let sit for 30 minutes to allow the gum to activate.
- Fold in grated apple and distribute in muffin tins.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
Yay for these muffins! They are filling, they are nourishing and best of all: they taste great without loads of empty sugar calories (who needs them anyway?) Once more one of your family's healthy and well balanced recipies is highly appreciated ;-)