Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A yummy, warm, cinnamony, autumn dessert that is strictly gluten-free and lactose-free from jensglutenfreeblog.com. To see gluten-free desserts check out:http://www.jensglutenfreeblog.com/gluten-free-recipes/two-easy-gluten-free-dessert-recipes/
- 5 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup gluten-free baking mix or 1 cup equal parts rice flour, potato starch and tapioca starch
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Arrange the sliced apples in a baking dish.
- Crumble margarine, gluten-free mix, sugar and cinnamon by hand. Don’t over do it. You want it to be crumbled, not mashed.
- Sprinkle the topping over the apples and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
I love making this (because I have celiac). It is VERY easy to make and so delicious, you wont know its Gluten Free!!
Soooooo easy is no lie! This was easy and good. I added two handfuls of gluten-free oats to the topping, and a little bit of allspice in addition to the cinnamon. Also ... I used pears instead of apples. Still easy. Still delicious.
Not only did my celiac husband love this, so did everyone else! They didn't know it was GF.