Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
aromatic, tasty, low sugar muffin
- 2 1⁄4 cups almond meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk (I used coconut)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup loosely packed grated apple (I used 2 very small apples)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375, and line a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together honey, oil, milk, vanilla, egg, and baking soda. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined. Add the the grated apples and pecans and gently mix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling the muffin cup almost to the top. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle the tops, and bake for 15-18 minutes for standard muffins or 12-17 minutes for mini muffins, until muffins are browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins from the pan and continue to cool on the rack.