This is The Healthiest and most Delicious dessert I've ever made. Instantly a favourite. I had to share this Gem with the World :)
- 709.77 ml organic quick oats (Not Instant)
- 5 medium organic granny smith apples
- 236.59 ml almond flour or 236.59 ml almond meal
- 236.59 ml dried shredded coconut
- 236.59 ml pecans
- 540 ml can cherry-cranberry pie filling (optional, use fresh or dried if preferred.)
- 118.29 ml coconut palm sugar (optional) or 118.29 ml similar healthy sugar substitute (optional)
- 118.29 ml honey
- 118.29 ml hemp seeds
- 118.29 ml ground flax seeds (or whole depending on availability or preference)
- 118.29 ml chia seeds
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips or 118.29 ml cacao, nibs
- 2 medium eggs
- 29.58 ml coconut oil
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 4.92 ml allspice
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 lemon, zest of
- splash water (depending on consistency) (optional)
- splash milk (depending on consistency) (optional)
- other dried fruit
- vanilla extract
- shredded zucchini (to replace oats) or shredded carrot (to replace oats)
- Toast Pecans or Nuts in Cast Iron Pan over low to medium heat, to release oils. Aprox. 10 minutes.
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, combine dry ingredients.
- Peel and Core Apples Cut into 1 inch bites. Add to dry.
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Combine all Ingredients.
- Once well mixed into a very thick batter, Divide into Muffin Cups or a Pie Dish to Make an Apple Crisp. Bake for Approximately 20-30 Minutes, when Edges & Tops Brown. I had to lower heat after 20 and bake for 10 more.
- Remember in Cooking, Everything is Optional So Please Modify to suit your Dietary needs and tastes.
These are yummy! I made a few changes; banana (mashed) and dried cranberries instead of pie filling. I used Agave nectar and date sugar, and fewer apples, more nuts. My version made 24 muffins plus a 9" cake pan. The muffins do kind of fall apart, not the type of thing you'd want to grab on your way out the door. But on a plate with coffee...Great way to start the day.