Recipe by HAPPYASASAM
This is The Healthiest and most Delicious dessert I've ever made. Instantly a favourite. I had to share this Gem with the World :)
Top Review by jcrozier
These are yummy! I made a few changes; banana (mashed) and dried cranberries instead of pie filling. I used Agave nectar and date sugar, and fewer apples, more nuts. My version made 24 muffins plus a 9" cake pan. The muffins do kind of fall apart, not the type of thing you'd want to grab on your way out the door. But on a plate with coffee...Great way to start the day.
- 3 cups organic quick oats (Not Instant)
- 5 medium organic granny smith apples
- 1 cup almond flour or 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup dried shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 (540 ml) can cherry-cranberry pie filling (optional, use fresh or dried if preferred.)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut palm sugar (optional) or 1⁄2 cup similar healthy sugar substitute (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup hemp seeds
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds (or whole depending on availability or preference)
- 1⁄2 cup chia seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips or 1⁄2 cup cacao, nibs
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, zest of
- splash water (depending on consistency) (optional)
- splash milk (depending on consistency) (optional)
- other dried fruit
- vanilla extract
- shredded zucchini (to replace oats) or shredded carrot (to replace oats)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast Pecans or Nuts in Cast Iron Pan over low to medium heat, to release oils. Aprox. 10 minutes.
- Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, combine dry ingredients.
- Peel and Core Apples Cut into 1 inch bites. Add to dry.
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Combine all Ingredients.
- Once well mixed into a very thick batter, Divide into Muffin Cups or a Pie Dish to Make an Apple Crisp. Bake for Approximately 20-30 Minutes, when Edges & Tops Brown. I had to lower heat after 20 and bake for 10 more.
- Remember in Cooking, Everything is Optional So Please Modify to suit your Dietary needs and tastes.