1/1 Photo of Gluten Free Apple Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Delicious moist gluten free cake. It's great with cream cheese icing, powdered sugar, or just plain.Plus it stays moist and tasty for days!!I found the cake to be a little bit crumbly, but it was so delicious it didn't matter.I got this recipe from one of Bette Hagman's recipe books.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch (NOT potato flour)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups apples, peeled, cored, and shredded (about 2 apples)
- icing sugar, for dusting (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F; grease either 9 inch round springform pan, or 8 inch square cake pan, and dust with rice flour.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour mix, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon; set aside.
- 3In the bowl of your mixer, cream the butter for about 1 minute or until softened.
- 4Add both sugars,and beat for about 2 minutes.
- 5Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until well incorporated.
- 6Blend in the milk.
- 7Then turn mixer to low and add the dry ingredients half at a time, beating after each addition, until they are well absorbed.
- 8Remove the bowl from the stand and gently fold in the shredded apples.
- 9Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted tests clean and the cake pulls away from the edge of the pan.
- 10If serving from the pan, cool at least 10 minutes before removing.
- 11Dust lightly with icing sugar, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.1
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 315.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: