1/6 Photos of Gluten-Free Apple and Sour Cherry Cake
I found this recipe in a newspaper and immediately thought of a fantastic lady **Jubes**, who likes to cook gluten free, and has some great gluten free recipes for any-one who has an intolerance. I have been lucky enough to have found and since converse with **Jubes** through here Recipe Zaar, and I sent her this Gluten free recipe, which **Jubes** made for herself and her family. Both **Jubes and I think it would work well with regular flour, but as yet I have not tried (but am going to). This recipe is called a cake, but **Jubes** suggests its more of a pudding type cake, but also says its super easy to make!!! So I have **Jubes** to thank for this recipe being posted!!!!! Thanks Mate!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180c. Line 22cm cake tin with baking paper. Peel apples and slice into thin pieces.
- 2Whisk eggs, lemon zest and sugar until thick and creamy (about 8 minutes).
- 3GraduallY fold in flour. The batter should be the consistency of sour cream.
- 4Pour oil in the pan.
- 5Arrange apples and cherries in the bottom of oiled pan. Pour the batter evenly over the fruit.
- 6Bake the cake for about 40 minutes or until golden and cooked when tested.
- 7Rest cake on rack for about 5 minutes before turning cake upside down on to a plate. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and serve warm with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Apple and Sour Cherry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 72.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 83.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free self-raising flour