A good gluten-free dessert option.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 egg whites (or 2 cups liquid egg whites)
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 packets stevia artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup vanilla eggs or 1/4 cup whey-based protein powder
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered egg whites
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously coat a large flute pan with cooking spray on the fluted center and bottom only, but NOT the outer sides.
- 2In stand mixer bowl, combine egg whites, cream of tartar, xanthan gum, guar gum, baking powder, stevia and extracts.
- 3Beat on low for 30 seconds, then increase mixer to high and beat until very stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. The mixture will be airy, voluminous and thick.
- 4Into a small bowl sift the protein powder, almond flour and powdered egg whites. Sprinkle 1/2 of the dry ingredients over the egg whites. Run the mixer at medium for 5 seconds, just until dry ingredients are incorporated. Sprinkle remaining dry ingredients over the egg whites and mix again just to incorporate.
- 5Increase mixer speed to high for 5 seconds.
- 6Scrape sides of the bowl with silicone spatula and gently fold the mixture once or twice. Transfer 1/2 the mixture to the prepared pan, then use spatula to smooth the top. Repeat with remaining mixture. Firmly tap the pan on the counter to help eliminate air bubbles.
- 7Bake 35 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and overturn the pan and cool upside down. When cooled, release the cake running a knife along the outside of the pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Angel Food Cake
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 137.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: