Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A good gluten-free dessert option.
Make and share this Gluten Free Angel Food Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 12 egg whites (or 2 cups liquid egg whites)
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 packets stevia artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla eggs or 1⁄4 cup whey-based protein powder
- 1⁄4 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered egg whites
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously coat a large flute pan with cooking spray on the fluted center and bottom only, but NOT the outer sides.
- In stand mixer bowl, combine egg whites, cream of tartar, xanthan gum, guar gum, baking powder, stevia and extracts.
- Beat on low for 30 seconds, then increase mixer to high and beat until very stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. The mixture will be airy, voluminous and thick.
- Into a small bowl sift the protein powder, almond flour and powdered egg whites. Sprinkle 1/2 of the dry ingredients over the egg whites. Run the mixer at medium for 5 seconds, just until dry ingredients are incorporated. Sprinkle remaining dry ingredients over the egg whites and mix again just to incorporate.
- Increase mixer speed to high for 5 seconds.
- Scrape sides of the bowl with silicone spatula and gently fold the mixture once or twice. Transfer 1/2 the mixture to the prepared pan, then use spatula to smooth the top. Repeat with remaining mixture. Firmly tap the pan on the counter to help eliminate air bubbles.
- Bake 35 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and overturn the pan and cool upside down. When cooled, release the cake running a knife along the outside of the pan.