Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
View the full post and recipe at http://www.elanaspantry.com/desserts/sesame-truffles/
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 1⁄4 cup tahini (I used roasted, though raw will probably work just as well)
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds (I used raw, though you could toast them for a stronger flavor)
- Place cashews in food processor and pulse until the texture of coarse sand.
- Add tahini, agave and vanilla and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer mixture from food processor to a bowl and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and coat with sesame seeds.
These truffles are very yummy and I am thrilled to see that they incorporate so many healthy ingredients into a sweet snack. I found the truffles easy to make, but decided to make some changes to the recipe while I was working away: I used only 60 g of agave nectar and half of the tahini as my paste looked perfect with that amount of liquids added to it. Due to this change I did not need any chilling time and the rolling worked very nicely. I would definitely make this recipe again as it is a wonderful gift and sweet to indulge on, but I would not roll the balls in sesame seeds again as I find that to be too strong and bitter in taste. Maybe some toasted cashew pieces or coconut flakes... THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, Elana!