Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Do you miss the old days? These will sure help you to remember.
Make and share this Gluten-Free and Vegan Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 tablespoon Ener-G Egg Substitute (mixed in 1/4 cup water)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water (or milk alternative)
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid stevia
- Mix rice flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium sized bowl.
- In another bowl, mix egg replacer, unsweetened applesauce, melted "butter", and stevia extract.
- Slowly combine both mixes.
- Add water (or rice milk, soy milk, almond milk) to desired consistency.
- Bake on a preheated non-stick griddle flipping once.
- Serve with syrup, fruit, honey, whatever!
it's great, but definitely needs some salt to make the flavor pop.
I was very happy with how these pancakes turned out. First, I halved the recipe. It made 7 pancakes, which is more than enough for my daughter. Second, I used a combination of white rice, brown rice, and sorghum flour. Third, I substituted 1/2 tbsp soy flour and 1 tbsp water for the EnerG. Fourth, I substituted 1 tbsp maple syrup for the liquid stevia. That's it! The pancakes had a lovely texture and flavor. My daughter liked them very much. Also, the batter was very thick ... I needed to use quite a bit more liquid (rice milk) than the recipe called for. Overall, very very happy with this pancake that not only is tasty, but meets my daughters dietary needs :-)