Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just because it's made with rice flour, doesn't mean it doesn't taste great! It's almost like the real thing, promise.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute (mixed in 2 Tbs water)
- 1⁄4 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon stevia powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
- 2 medium bananas, ripe and mashed
- 1⁄3 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- mix egg, water, and oil in a small bowl. set aside.
- mix flour,stevia powder, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and optional xanthan gum in a medium sized bowl.
- slowly mix wet ingredients into dry.
- add mashed bananas, blueberries, and applesauce.
- do not over mix.
- pour into a non stick 9x9 pan.
- bake for about 25-30 minutes or until center comes out clean.
This is my new fav brown rice flour dish!!! Very moist, very yummy. It bakes quickly unlike wheat which a similar coffee cake would take an hour to bake this takes only 30 minutes. I make double (actually 4) batches at a shot and use a (2) 9 x 13 pyrex baking pan(s). We pick our own wild Alaskan blueberries and I substitute for stevia, 3/8 cup of agave, or coconut nectar, per single batch.