KristiB- G&N's Note:
I bought organic almond butter, but wasn't happy with its taste (not sweet enough), and couldn't find a good recipe to use so I created this one. I'd been wanting to play with gluten-free flour and this experiment turned out perfectly. The cookies have a nice nutty flavor, but the honey, sugar and chocolate help balance it. Plus the shortening makes them just melt in your mouth. These could easily be made lactose and egg free too (just substitute those ingredients as necessary).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Combine peanut, almond butter, shortening, margarine, brown sugar and honey and beat to a creamy consistency.
- 3Add eggs and granulated sugar beat on high until color lightens slightly.
- 4Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- 5Add half the flour mixture and stir in slowly.
- 6Add milk.
- 7Add remaining flour mixture.
- 8Mix in chocolate chips.
- 9Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- 10Bake for 8 minutes or until the cookies a light golden brown.
- 11Remove cookies from tray and allow to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Almond and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 21
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.0
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 352.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: