Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I bought organic almond butter, but wasn't happy with its taste (not sweet enough), and couldn't find a good recipe to use so I created this one. I'd been wanting to play with gluten-free flour and this experiment turned out perfectly. The cookies have a nice nutty flavor, but the honey, sugar and chocolate help balance it. Plus the shortening makes them just melt in your mouth. These could easily be made lactose and egg free too (just substitute those ingredients as necessary).
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine peanut, almond butter, shortening, margarine, brown sugar and honey and beat to a creamy consistency.
- Add eggs and granulated sugar beat on high until color lightens slightly.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add half the flour mixture and stir in slowly.
- Add milk.
- Add remaining flour mixture.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the cookies a light golden brown.
- Remove cookies from tray and allow to cool.