Recipe by Gluten Free Princess
This is basically normal alfredo sauce but lots of the alfredo sauce that is canned in stores has modified food starch in it which is no good for a gluten free diet. So this is what my aunt came up with and is so delicious. Its good to add to rice noodles and chicken or put on gluten free pizza crust or in rice noodle alfredo lasagna. This really works with anything and is a good Gluten Free base. Buckwheat noodles are the best with this but I have only found them on sale once. Rice noodles are very cheap at the local Chinese market in all shapes and sizes. I also use this in rice alfredo casserol. If you come up with any more ideas let me know.
Top Review by jmowel
The sauce was delicious and I will defiantly make it again! I did however add garlic, hot pepper flakes and Italian seasoning to spice it up. The alfredo sauce had a nice smooth consistency and made for wonderful leftovers. WAY better then the bottled stuff!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated or dry)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2-2 cup milk (2% works best)
- garlic seasoning (Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Seasoning is what I recommend)
Directions See How It's Made
- I would Heat all together on med-low until smooth and creamy.
- According to my husband you do the following : Melt butter first then smash cream cheese into the butter. Add cheese and milk last.
- Add more milk to make more smooth. Start with 1/2 cup first then add to more to make desired texture.