Recipe by GoodnPlentiful
This was adapted from another microwave gluten-free bread recipe. I find this softer, lighter and has a more tender texture that doesn't dry out as fast. Plus, it is loaded with protein. This is a quick, simple recipe for one.
Top Review by mamamandy
this was good because it was simple! it was a little eggy tasting, and it did get a little dry when I let it go for the whole 90 seconds. I think next time I'll try it for 80 seconds and see if it's better. The bread would also work really nicely if you need some bread crumbs for something like meatloaf or meatballs.
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- sea salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soy flour, tapioca starch, xantham gum, baking powder and pinch of salt in small bowl. Add egg and mix until combined.
- Drop onto greased flat-bottomed, microwave-safe bowl. Flatten and shape into a round about 1/2" thick (or so, doesn't need to be perfect.) Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Let cool on rack. Slice in half and enjoy!