I used the South Beach Muffin recipe as a base and came up with this variation. It can be used for toast or sandwiches. I like this bread because it's fast and easy. It tastes like a hearty whole grain bread without the gluten and you can make only as much as you need.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients together really well.
- 2Grease a flat bottom glass bowl, dish or pan such as Pyrex or Corningware that is about 6" wide across the middle.
- 3Pour batter into the dish. (the batter should be about 1/2 inch thick).
- 4Microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- 5Remove and tip over onto a cooling rack.
- 6When cooled slice it across into 2 slices of bread about 6 inches round and 3/8" thick. It's very easy to do this even though it's fairly thin.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free 90 Second Flax Bread
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.1
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 261.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sunflower seed butter