Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
The most dangerous gluten free cake recipe in the world! WHY! Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!
- Also required: 1 large coffee mug.
- Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips (if using).
- Add vanilla extract, and mix again.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
- The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
- Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
- EAT! (can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).
Truly a DANGEROUSLY delicious cake! Moist, divine, heavenly! My modifications: Instead of 4 T. sweet rice flour & 4 T. sugar I used 4 T. "Gluten-Free Pantry Old Fashioned cake & cookie mix". I substituted 2 T. carob powder instead of cocoa powder. I used 2 T. heavy cream & 1 T. water in place of milk a few times. Used 3 T. carob chips instead of choc. chips (try sprinkling them on top after mixing batter--they tend to sink to the bottom of mug). Our microwave took 2mins. & 15 secs. This is excellent with vanilla ice cream! The ice cream cools off cake so you can eat it immediately! This is so good, I usually say if the world ended today after I ate this cake, I'd be okay with it!
Super easy and fun to make! Texture is not as good as oven baked, but it still gets 5 stars because it is great for something made in the microwave. It remained surprisingly moist, nicely sweet, and tasty. Too much for one person, though. For a 1500 watt microwave, try cooking for 2:22. Next time I'll try adding some peppermint oil for a peppermint cake. Would also be fun to add in sprinkles, marshmallows, cinnamon candies etc.
Texture was what you'd expect from a microwaved "baked" product. Super easy to make. I think that it needs some salt. I might try it again with some salt to see if that makes it better. Great idea, though.