Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A Thanksgiving classic in my family, I had to reproduce this to please glum children who missed it last year. Thanks to Najwa (http://www.food.com/recipe/jiffy-corn-muffin-mix-copycat-345502) for the copycat Jiffy Corn Muffin recipe. Tip - I make this a day or two ahead and stash it in the fridge and pop it in the oven when I take out the turkey.
- 1 1⁄3 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 5 tablespoons xylitol sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 20 ounces frozen corn
- 1⁄2 lb Earth Balance margarine
- 12 ounces tofutti sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk or 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegan soy cheese (optional)
- Mix ingredients thoroughly and place in greased casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake 45 minutes or until the center is firm.