1/2 Photos of Gluten & Dairy Free Miracle Sandwich Bread
This loaf has a beautiful crust, is the size of a "real" loaf of bread, and tastes wonderful! It stays fresh for a couple days on the counter (unlike other gluten free breads). You can view more of my recipes at www.allergyfreealaska.com.
My Private Note
Bread L ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (between 110 - 115 degrees F)
- 2 3/4 active dry yeast (NOT instant yeast)
- 1In a small mixing bowl, combine the honey and the warm water; mix until the honey is dissolved. Sprinkle in the yeast and give it a quick stir to combine. Allow to proof for 10 minutes (set a timer!) - NO more, NO less time. Make sure you have the other wet and dry ingredients mixed and ready to go when the 10 minutes are up!
- 2Using a heavy duty mixer, combine the dry ingredients.
- 3In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and vinegar.
- 4When the yeast is done proofing, add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until it's a little paste-like, then add the yeast mixture. Using your mixer's low speed setting, mix for about 30 seconds. Scrape the sides of the bowl then mix on medium for about 2 minutes or until the dough is smooth. (You may need to stop your mixer and scrape the sides of your bowl a few more times.).
- 5Pour dough into a parchment lined and well greased 9 x 5" bread pan and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise for 45-60 minutes (Check the loaf 30 minutes into rising. When the dough is close to hitting the plastic wrap, remove it; allow the dough to rise the remaining time uncovered.) When the dough is just starting to crest the top of the pan, bake for 30 minutes in a preheated 375 degrees (F) oven.
- 6Remove loaf from pan and allow it to cool on a wire rack.
- 7Enjoy it!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten & Dairy Free Miracle Sandwich Bread
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 176.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: