Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've had trouble finding recipes for my daughter since new allergies are presenting. This is something I put together. We use Lactade milk, so to make it dairy free use a rice milk or equivelant.
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml Ener-G Egg Substitute
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts (optional)
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 large very ripe banana, mashed
- 118.29 ml lactade lactose-free milk (or dairy free sub)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Flaxmeal Egg Replacer (use 1/2 cup)
- 118.29 ml cold water
- 9.85 ml ground flax seed meal
Gluten-Free Flour Mix (use 2 1/2 cups)
- 473.18 ml rice flour
- 158.51 ml potato starch
- 78.07 ml tapioca starch
- 14.78 ml xanthan gum
- In a medium bowl sift together all dry ingredients except nuts and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash the banana. Add the sugar, Crisco, flaxmeal egg replacer, milk (or sub) and vanilla. Mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients into large bowl with wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in nuts.
- Spoon into greased mini muffin tins and bake 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Mini muffin tins are the only way I've tried so far but I'm sure this could be bread or regular sized muffins as well.
- Flaxmeal Egg Replacer:.
- In a small container mix 1/2 cup cold water with 2 teaspoons ground flaxmeal and shake well.
- GF flour mix:.
- 2 cups rice flour.
- 2/3 cup potato starch.
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch.
- 3 teaspoons xanthan gum.
Great recipe! I agree with the other reviewer, the recipe is not clear cause I've never used both egg replacer and flax in the same recipe, but I did use both and the recipe turned out great. I also used Arrowhead brand pancake/muffin mix. I made them as mini muffins. The recipe does not indicate a temperature, so I cooked at 375 for 15 minutes. They came out a little crispy on the outside and tender on the inside... YUM! Great recipe.
I have made banana bread and muffins all my life, but this is the best recipe I've ever used. The recipe wasn't clear, so I used both the egg replacer and the ground flaxseed with water. I also used pre-mixed gluten-free flour mix instead of mixing my own. It was incredible!!