I am on a very restricted diet and was having a hard time finding a blueberry muffin recipe I could have that I actually liked, so I created this one. I hope you like it as much as I do! GLUTEN/WHEAT/CORN/DAIRY/POTATO/CANE SUGAR FREE!! Check out more gluten & allergy friendly recipes on my website: www.maidinak.com Don't forget to double check your ingredients. I accidentally left out the baking soda once, and they didn't turn out like they should!
- 1 cup unsweetened rice milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice flour
- 3⁄4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon gf baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup raw honey
- 2 teaspoons gf vanilla
- 2 organic eggs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or safflower)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- In a measuring cup, measure out the rice milk and add the vinegar. Stir, and set aside (This solution needs to sit for at least 10 minutes. You are making a dairy free "buttermilk" alternative.).
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients together, including the "buttermilk" solution. Add your wet ingredients to the dry and mix well until the batter is smooth.
- Fold in the frozen blueberries.
- Spoon batter in to greased or paper lined muffin tins. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
These were good but tasted a little "floury" to me. We didn't have sweet rice flour on hand so just used brown rice flour. We have an egg allergy in our family so I substituted applesauce.
For a gluten-free muffin, I think these were delicious! I would add a little more sugar - just a touch. They rose very nicely and tasted good!