Recipe by Clawdia78
My husband and youngest two like these, our eldest doesn't. If you don't like brown sugar just substitute with more white. I use Australian metric measurements.
Top Review by katii
I absolutely love these! They were so moist, tender, and held together very well. i used guar gum instead of xantham gum, because that's what I had on hand. I also topped them with coconut because I'm a coconut fanatic. They rose so high, which is great because many of my gluten-free muffins have been short and dense. Thanks for this delicious recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornflour (I use White Wings Corn Cornflour)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180c (350f) or 160c (320f) for fan forced. Lightly grease muffin pan (I use 1/3 cup muffin pan).
- Sift flours, bicarb, baking soda, xantham gum and salt together, set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, mash banana (I use a fork to mash and mix throughout this recipe), add egg, canola oil, honey, butter and sugars, mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix until well combined.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan, bake for 20mins.
- Cool on cooling rack.
- Serve warm or cool, with or without butter.