Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My husband and youngest two like these, our eldest doesn't. If you don't like brown sugar just substitute with more white. I use Australian metric measurements.
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornflour (I use White Wings Corn Cornflour)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mashed banana
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180c (350f) or 160c (320f) for fan forced. Lightly grease muffin pan (I use 1/3 cup muffin pan).
- Sift flours, bicarb, baking soda, xantham gum and salt together, set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, mash banana (I use a fork to mash and mix throughout this recipe), add egg, canola oil, honey, butter and sugars, mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix until well combined.
- Spoon into prepared muffin pan, bake for 20mins.
- Cool on cooling rack.
- Serve warm or cool, with or without butter.
I absolutely love these! They were so moist, tender, and held together very well. i used guar gum instead of xantham gum, because that's what I had on hand. I also topped them with coconut because I'm a coconut fanatic. They rose so high, which is great because many of my gluten-free muffins have been short and dense. Thanks for this delicious recipe!
These muffins are really wonderful. We just found out that DH is Gluten intolerant and he hasn't been too keen about making the needed dietary changes. I made these muffins this muffins for him this morning and he was pleasantly surprised. Best of all, everyone in the family enjoyed them too. Thanks for sharing! Made for AU/NZ Swap 19