For those of us who love fresh baked, warm scones, but cannot have regular wheat and dairy-laden ones. You can alter this recipe to suit your tastes by changing the type of spices and fruit that you add. (BTW: Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Biscuit Mix already contains salt and baking powder so you do not need to add any more.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Bob's Red Mill Biscuit Mix, Brown Sugar, and the Cinnamon.
- Add the Shortening and mix until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in Almond Milk, Egg, and Chopped Apple. Do not over-mix.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Makes 8 drop scones.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon-Sugar Topping over scones.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until tops are very lightly browned.
- Serve warm with jam.