Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From super food ideas special diets Italian feature. Times are estimated.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil (125ml)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 kg tomatoes (vine-ripened chopped)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf (chopped)
- 5 slices gluten free bread (250 grams torn)
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free flour
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 500 g chicken (4 schnitzels uncrumbed)
- 100 g mozzarella cheese (grated)
- spinach (baby to serve)
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat and add two thirds (2/3rd) of the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Increase heat o high and add tomato and season with salt and pepper and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until tomatoes have just collapsed and then stir in 1/2 cup basil.
- Meanwhile process bread and 2 tablespoons flour until fine crumbs form and the add remaining basil and process until finely chopped and transfer mixture to a large plate.
- Place remaining flour on to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- whisk yoghurt, remaining garlic and 2 tablespoons cold water together in a shallow bowl.
- Coat 1 schnitzel lightly in flour, shaking off excess and dip in yoghurt mixture, shaking off excess ad then coat in bread mixture and place on a plate and repeat with remaining schnitzels with the flour, yoghurt mix and bread mix.
- Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook schnitzels in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side3 or until golden and just cooked through, adding more oil if needed and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Preheat grill (broiler) on medium high heat and arrange chicken in a single layer on a large baking tray and spoon over tomato mix and the3n sprinkle with cheese and grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese in golden and serve with spinach (personally I would steam the spinach).