Recipe by Laura Meehan
For the food-allergic set; tasty even for the regular guy. My husband and four year old (who hates everything) really liked these, as did I. You can serve these with a side of grated cheese for those who are able to have it. This sounds a little odd when you are following the directions, but it turns out amazing, I promise.
Top Review by dihaggar
Very easy and came together quickly. My very, very picky 3 year old gobbled it down and had seconds - woah!! I think the chicken stock used may be why this didn't turn out to be 5 stars. Will try different brand next time. Still very good.
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and chopped (can microwave it)
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml water
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml rice milk, coconut milk beverage (not canned)
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 0.25 ml chili powder (optional)
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 198.44 g can diced tomatoes (including juices)
- 212.62 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 118.29 ml frozen corn, thawed
- 9 corn tortillas, torn into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put cornstarch and water into a large pot. Stir thoroughly. Add the remaining liquid, seasonings, and salt. Bring to a boil, and let simmer until it starts to get hot and thickens very slightly (will be runny).
- Add chicken, tomatoes, beans, and corn. Stir, then add the tortilla pieces.
- Place into an ungreased 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- (This can also be cooked on the stove for about 10 minutes.).