Chef# 616082's Note:
A healthy and tasty cracker that keeps well for several days if they last that long. You can replace the ground seeds with another 1/2 cup of brown rice flour if you prefer. I grind seeds in a clean coffee grinder. They weren't crispy with the coconut oil originally called for but they are very crispy made with olive oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats, ground or 1/2 cup sorghum
- 1/2 cup arrowroot or 1/2 cup another starch
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted in a dry pan until fragrant then ground
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1In a medium bowl mix flours, ground seeds, guar gum, nutritional yeast, baking powder and spices.
- 2Mix in oil with a fork until texture evenly incorporated.
- 3Add half of water and mix in add the rest 1 tablespoon at a time until the correct texture is reached. Add more if necessary to achieve a stiff but cohiesive dough.
- 4Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 5On your counter on a piece of parchment that will fit on your cookie sheet, roll one third of the dough as thinly as possible (the thinner the dough, the crispier the cracker), flouring rolling pin as needed. Keep the rest of the dough in saran wrap to keep it moist.
- 6Poke all over with a fork cut into two inch squares with a butter knife, and sprinkle evenly with sea salt.
- 7Move parchment and dough carefully onto your cookie sheet and bake approximately 5 minutes, pull out of the oven flip carefully off parchment so they are all on other side put back in oven for 3 or 4 more minutes until edges are a little golden. The middle pieces will most likely need to go back in for 2 or 3 minutes longer than the edge pieces.
- 8Parchment can be used for all batches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten and Casein Free Cheesy Crackers
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.8
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 454.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: