Recipe by Bruins Fan
This recipe came from my husband's best friend who is a U.S. Marine. He had this drink in Germany. It is served in Germany outside in the winter and it really warms you up! Thanks Mike! This works best with a full bodied red wine.
Top Review by nalch136
I live in South Africa - we have just had a very cold snap & made this recipe last night........ FABULOUS.. enjoyed with freinds over a card game that ran into the early hours thanks to Gluwein... I think we had about 12 batches between 6 of us
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 to 1 lemon, rind of
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour wine and sugar into deep pot and heat until just before boiling.
- Do not boil.
- Wrap Cinnamon, Lemon Peel and cloves in Cheesecloth and tie off tightly.
- Add to wine and sugar mixture and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately in coffee or tea mugs.