Recipe by HokiesMom
Posted for ZWT6 German Region. I found this on a German Food & Recipe site that explained traditions of Germany. This drink is normally made with wine for adults but when I saw this post for a non-alcoholic drink for kids or adults who do not want alcohol I just had to post it.
Top Review by Dienia B.
used apple cherry juice and it still worked well very nice love the cinnamon too hope your having fun sorry i didnt get to your reviews before now ..will look for you in other games .dee zaar tour 6
- 1 quart apple juice (equals 4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons additional apple juice
- 1 pint black tea (equals 2 cups)
- 4 teaspoons additional black tea
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lemon, peeled & juiced (reserve peel)
- 1 orange, peeled & juiced (reserve peel)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan slowly heat the apple juice and tea.
- Peel the lemon and orange, reserve the peels and juice the lemon and orange.
- Place the juice, the reserved peels, the sugar and the spices into the pan and continue to heat, being careful not to boil the liquid. Taste and adjust the spices.
- Strain the heated mixture through a sieve and serve in pretty mugs.