Recipe by velorutionista
Yeah, this sounds like an awful lot going on, but it's excellent when you hit the lights and wow the crowd with glow in the dark jello shots! You'll need a black light to get the full effect, as well. (Not sure where this recipe is from originally, but I'm posting it here for safekeeping!)
- 1⁄3 cup gin
- 2⁄3 cup tonic water (make sure it has quinine in it, or no glow)
- 3 -4 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons granulated plain gelatin
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine gin, tonic water, and syrup in a large heatproof measuring cup. Set aside.
- Place gelatin in double boiler bowl (not over heat) and add enough gin to cover. Let sit till gelatin is softened, then place over simmering water and stir till completely melted.
- Pour melted gelatin into measuring cup and stir till evenly combined with gin mixture. Pour into jello shot cups. Refrigerate until firmly set.
- Place shots under a black light and serve in the dark for full glowing effects!