1/1 Photo of Glossy Glazed Ribs
5 hrs 55 mins
5 hrs 45 mins
Tender pork back ribs with an Asian-inspired glaze that is a little bit spicy, a little bit sweet and a whole lot delicious! Please note that the marinating time is included in the cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs pork back ribs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1Pour enough water into a shallow roasting pan to come a scant 1/2" up the side.
- 2Cut the ribs into 2-rib portions and place, meaty side up, in a single layer in the water.
- 3Cover and steam roast in a 325 degree F oven until the meat is tender, 75 to 90 minutes.
- 4Transfer to a large glass baking dish, discarding the liquid.
- 5To make the marinade, whirl together the sugar, hoisin sauce, hot pepper sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, pepper and salt in a food processor.
- 6With the motor running, pour in the vegetable and sesame oils.
- 7Add the green onions and coriander and puree.
- 8Remove 1/4 cup and reserve for basting on the grill.
- 9Brush the remaining marinade all over the ribs.
- 10Cover and refrigerate the ribs and reserved marinade for 4 hours, turning and brushing the ribs with the marinade in the dish at least once.
- 11Place the ribs on a greased grill over medium-high heat and brush with any marinade left over in the dish.
- 12Close the lid and grill, turning at least once and basting with the reserved marinade, until browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glossy Glazed Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1167.2
- Calories from Fat 878
- Total Fat 97.6 g
- Saturated Fat 32.0 g
- Cholesterol 275.8 mg
- Sodium 1204.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 56.5 g